Can’t make it to Munich, Germany for the 206th anniversary of the “official” Oktoberfest celebration this year? Don’t worry, there’s plenty of Oktoberfests available in the USA! Here are a few of the top Oktoberfest celebrations in the US:
Zinzinnatti (Cincinnatti, OH)
- Known as Zinzinnati, Cincinnatti’s Oktoberfest regularly hosts 500,000 festival goers who consume 1300 barrels of beer
- Get Your Dachshund Ready! Watch as 100 sausage dogs race to the trophy! Cincinnatti starts off its annual keg party with the Running of the Wieners.
- Gemuetlichkeit Games – Join the fun for Beer Stein races, Beer Barrel Roll, Log Sawing and Nail Hammering.
Soulard (St. Louis, MO)
- Soulard Oktoberfest is St. Louis, Missouri’s premiere beer drinking event.
- How Tough’s Your Dirndl? Soulard’s Strongest Barmaid Relay puts your favorite maechen to the test
- Alles hat ein Ende…nur die Wurst hat Zwei – check your restraint at the door, because Soulard serves up the meanest Bratwurst Eating Contest this side of the Danube.
- Masskrug…what? Prove your uebermensch arms in St. Louis’ own Masskrugstemmen, a stein holding contest that separates the men from the men that hold steins for a really long time.
Oktoberfest in the French Quarter (New Orleans, LA)
- What’s a party without Lederhosen? Suit up for French Quarter phenomenon Broussard’s costume contest. Just the excuse you need to dust off those lederhosen.